Bess, Forrest, b. 1911 d. 1977
Active in Tx.
Collection size: 58 items (partially microfilmed on 1 reel)
Collection Summary: Photographs and slides.
REEL 3781: 20 prints (made from slides) of works of art by Forrest Bess from the collection of Harry Burkhart of Bay City.
UNMICROFILMED: 5 slides of works by Bess from the Hawkins Ranch collection; and 2 slides of works from the Margaret and Austen Furse collection.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; Bay City, Tex.
Collected as part of the Archives of American Art's Texas project. Items on reel 3781 donated 1985 by Sandra Levy, collector for the project and photographer of some of the slides. Unmicrofilmed portion donated by Margaret Lewis Furse, 1982.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3781 available for use through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Forrest Bess letters to Mr. and Mrs L. E. Cooke, [ca. 1963-1964]
- Forrest Bess letters, 1966-1972
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Bess, Forrest