Bess, Forrest, b. 1911 d. 1977
Active in Tx.
Collection size: 14 items (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Two letters (1963-1964) from Forrest Bess to Mr. and Mrs. L.E. Cooke, concerning a Bess painting they posessed, Carl Jung, and the reactions of the unconscious to Bess' works, accompanied by slides of two paintings.
Biographical/Historical Note: Bess was a painter in Bay City, Texas.; the Cooke's, art collectors.
Donated 1986 by Patricia (Mrs. L.E.) Cooke as part of AAA's Texas Project.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3752 available at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas 77005 or through interlibrary loan from the Archives of American Art.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Forrest Bess letters, 1966-1972
- Forrest Bess photographs and slides, 1932-1967
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Bess, Forrest