VideorecordingIntroduction to art
Benton, Fletcher Chapman, b. 1931
Active in San Francisco, Calif.
Collection size: 8.2 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of sculptor and painter Fletcher Benton measure 8.2 linear feet and date from 1934 to 2014. They document his career through personal photographs, legal papers, correspondence, exhibition and commission documentation, clippings, exhibition-related printed materials, broadcast materials, publications about his work, an editioned kinetic Christmas card, photographs, sound and video recordings, and motion picture film.
Biographical/Historical Note: Fletcher Benton (1931- ) is a sculptor in San Francisco, California.
Donated 2005-2006 and 2014 by Fletcher Benton. Benton's wife, Bobbie Benton, organized the material by subject matter and date.
Funding for the processing of this collection was provided by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, administered through the Council on Library and Information Resources Hidden Collections grant program.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment. Use of audiovisual material without a duplicate copy requires advanced notice.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Fletcher Benton, 1989 May 2-4
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Benton, Fletcher Chapman