Castellón, Federico, b. 1914 d. 1971
Painter, Sculptor, Draftsman (artist)
Active in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.6 linear ft. (partially microfilmed on 2 reels)
Collection Summary: Correspondence; photographs; sketches; scrapbooks; exhibition notices and catalogs; publications; and printed material.
REEL D297: Letters to his wife, Hilda, written from Yaddo, Africa, China, Paris, Rome, India, and Provincetown, Mass.; clippings; exhibition notices and catalogs; 3 scrapbooks, 1938-1942, and 1935; and magazine clippings of writings about and by Castellon.
UNMICROFILMED: Correspondence, photographs, sketches, and publications.
REEL 74: 24 drawings of flags and banners by Castellon.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, sculptor, graphic artist; Brooklyn, New York. Born in Almeria, Spain, 1914; d. 1971.
Donated 1966-1971 by Federico Castellon.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels D297 and 74 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Federico Castellon, 1971 April 7-14
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Castellón, Federico