Driggs, Elsie B., b. 1898 d. 1992
Art critic, Curator, Painter
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 0.2 linear ft.
Collection Summary: The scattered papers of New York City painter Elsie Driggs date from 1924 to 1979 and measure 0.2 linear feet. Included are correspondence, writings by Driggs, personal business records, printed materials, and portrait and family photographs.
Biographical/Historical Note: Elsie Driggs (1898-1992) was a New York City Precisionist painter, curator, and art critic.
Elsie Driggs donated her papers to the Archives of American Art in several accretions between 1963 and 1980.
Funding for the processing of this collection was provided by the Terra Foundation for American Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Portions of the papers were microfilmed on reel D160. The microfilm is available for interlibrary loan but researchers are advised that the microfilm does not reflect the current order of the papers and is incomplete.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Elsie Driggs, 1985 Oct. 30-Dec. 5
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Driggs, Elsie B.