Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, b. 1855 d. 1936
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 25 items.
Collection Summary: Letters to John Lane, May 28, 1896-June, 24, 1924; to Editor of the Bookman, August 13 and September 24, 1912; to A. St. John Adcock, October 30, 1912; to Mrs. John Lane, July 20, 1922-January 11, 1926; to Mrs. Crawford, June 10, 1928-January 9, 1932; to Mr. Grasberger, December 24, 1931; and to Miss Coogan (Helene Phelan née Coogan), Dec. 17th, 1932.
Biographical/Historical Note: Writer, critic; New York, N.Y. Married artist Joseph Pennell.
All except one letter donated 1955-1962 by Charles E. Feinberg, an active donor and friend of AAA.
Letter to Helene Phelan (née Coogan) donated by Phelan in 1987.
How to Use this Collection
- All except letter to Miss Coogan on microfilm reel D9 (fr. 902-956) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- The Drawings of Abbott Thayer/ Elizabeth Robins Pennell, [ca. 1921]
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Pennell, Elizabeth Robins