Vedder, Elihu, b. 1836 d. 1923
Painter, Muralist, Sculptor, Author, Illustrator
Active in New York, N.Y.; Rome, Italy
Collection size: 3 items (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: A letter to "Ticknor," regarding a social engagement; a letter to Mr. Drake thanking him and Scribner and Co. for "the present," March 15, 1880; and a letter to Mrs. Conway asking for the address of a Mr. Eaton, September 2, 1870.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York, N.Y.
Donated 1955-1962 by Charles E. Feinberg, an active donor and friend of AAA.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D10 (fr. 1647-1650) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Elihu Vedder papers, 1804-1969, bulk 1840-1923
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Vedder, Elihu