De Kooning, Elaine Marie, b. 1918 d. 1989
Active in New York, N.Y.
De Kooning, Willem, b. 1904 d. 1997
Active in New York,N.Y.
Collection size: ca. 1.0 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Joint federal income tax returns, 1951, 1953, and 1954, cancelled checks, cash receipts, bills, and bank statements.
Biographical/Historical Note: Elaine de Kooning (1918- 1989) was a scupltor in New York, N.Y. and East Hampton, N.Y. Her husband (1904- 1997), Willem de Kooning was an action painter from Holland who flourished in the New York school.
Donated 1981 by Elaine de Kooning.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Elaine de Kooning scrapbooks, interviews, and lectures, circa 1959-1988
- Oral history interview with Elaine de Kooning, 1981 Aug. 27
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to De Kooning, Elaine Marie