Dickinson, Edwin Walter,
New York, N.Y.; Wellfleet, Mass.
Collection size: 88 items (partially microfilmed on 5 reels)
Collection Summary: Photographs; diaries, 1916-1961; a biographical account; and printed materials.
REELS D93-D96: Diaries, 1916-1961. 36 volumes.
REEL 1130: Photographs, 1909-1965 of Dickinson and others, including Bill [Vaclav] Vytlacil, Richard Parmenter, Ross E. Moffett, Ted Beall, Henry Sutter, L.W. Veeder, R. H. Ives Gammell, Raymond J. Eastwood, Eugene Fitch, Thomas Bouchard, William F. Halsall, Charles W. Hawthorne, Coulton Waugh, and Charles Heinz.
UNMICROFILMED: A biographical account; magazine articles; catalogs; announcements; and publications.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; Wellfleet, Massachusetts. Died 1978. Studied with William Merritt Chase at Art Students League. Dickinson was a member of Federation of Modern Painters and Sculptors.
Material on reels D93-D96 lent for microfilming 1962 by Mrs. Dorothy Seckler; reel 1130 lent for microfilming 1976 by Edwin Dickinson; unmicrofilmed donated 1972 by Dickinson.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels D93-D96 and 1130 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- A visit with Edwin Dickinson [videorecording] / produced by Dorothea Weeden ; filmed and edited by Don Kendall, 1970
- Edwin W. Dickinson interview, 1970 Aug. 12
- Edwin W. Dickinson interview, 1972 June 13
- Oral history interview with Edwin Dickinson, 1968 Aug. 29
- Oral history interview with Edwin W. Dickinson, 1962 Aug. 22
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Dickinson, Edwin Walter