Abbey, Edwin Austin, b. 1852 d. 1911
Painter, Muralist, Illustrator
Active in New York, N.Y.; London, England
Collection size: 6 items (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: 2 letters to Louis Prang, 1 letter to Miss Tracy, 1 letter to Senator Clark, and 2 letters to unidentified people.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, illustrator, mural painter.
All material except letter to "Miss Tracy" donated 1955-1962 by Charles E. Feinberg, an active donor and friend of AAA. Letter to "Miss Tracy" purchased through funds donated by Thomas Steele, 1956.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D8 (frames 265-279) available from Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- [Cavalier] [graphic] / Edwin Austin Abbey, 1890
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Abbey, Edwin Austin