Hanson, Duane, b. 1925 d. 1996
Active in Fla.
Collection size: 12.9 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of Florida realist sculptor Duane Hanson date from 1935-2006 and measure 12.9 linear feet. Hanson's career is documented through biographical information, personal business records, correspondence, subject files, artwork, writings, printed materials, and photographs. There are numerous letters from the OK Harris Gallery and Ivan Karp, Dr. Martin Bush, at Witchita State University, and Dewey Hanson.
Biographical/Historical Note: Duane Hanson (1925-1996) was a sculptor in Florida.
Duane Hanson's widow, Wesla Hanson, donated his papers in two accretions in 1997 and 2006. Additions are expected.
Funding for the processing of this collection was provided by the Terra Foundation for American Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information. Use of archival audiovisual recordings with no duplicate access copy requires advance notice.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Duane Hanson, 1989 August 23-24
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Hanson, Duane