Volk, Douglas, b. 1856 d. 1935
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2 items (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: One letter from Volk to the "Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution" regretting that he is unable to attend an opening; and an autographed photograph of Volk.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; Centre Lovell, Me. Full name is Stephen A. Douglas Volk.
Transfered 1981 from the vertical file of the Library of the National Portrait Gallery and National Museum of American Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3480 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Douglas Volk and Leonard Wells Volk papers, circa 1858-1965, 2008, bulk circa 1870-1935
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Volk, Douglas