Kingman, Dong, b. 1911 d. 2000
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 22 items
Collection Summary: Photographs of Kingman, his family, and his work; and a New Yorker article about him.
Biographical/Historical Note: Dong Kingman (1911-2000) was a painter and illustrator from San Francisco Bay Area and New York City. Worked for the Works Progress Administration.
The lender, Lewis Ferbrache, collected papers for AAA from artists and administrators of the various government funded art programs of the Depression. It was part of a larger nation-wide, collecting project, "New Deal and the Arts."
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel NDA 15 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- The Archives of American art does not own the original papers. Use is limited to the microfilm copy.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Dong Kingman, 1965 Jan. 12
- Oral history interview with Dong Kingman, 1996 Jul. 3-4