The Jervis McEntee Diaries - May 19, 1883

Diary Entry:

Saturday, May 19, 1883 Perry called the Board of Control of the Art Union together again at his studio this morning to give a decision as to renting the room. In addition to the votes in favor yesterday Dielman came and we decided to take the room at $3500 pr year from June 17. We think we are running no risk even if we do nothing more than to make a sales room for American Artists. Now every thing depends on our good management. A certain clique of artists ridicule the whole scheme and would like to see us fail. Apparently they are not capable of imagining that we are doing this for the general good. I came home for the summer by the 3.30 train.

< Previous Entry | Next Entry >