Monday, Mar 27, 1882 A rainy dark day. Received a short letter from Booth. Went to the Academy and waited an hour to see Brown. Concluded to insert the prices of my pictures in the next edition of the Catalogue. I put the Indian Summer at $1250 with instructions to Brown to sell it for $1000 and the Humboldt at $800 with a margin down to $600. But I am afraid they will not sell and I am greatly troubled about it with my pressing need of money. Came to my studio and worked until 2 oclk when I went down town to see Mr. Hubbard Jas. Giffords lawyer as he wanted me to call to have a talk with him and sent me a letter yesterday asking me to go there. He was not in but I left a note asking him to make an appointment with me. Went to the Council this evening. There was no business. Brown has sold two of his pictures. That is what the public likes. I came home with an almost despairing feeling but try to master it. I cant see what I am going to do but still there may be some way out.