Valentine, De Wain, b. 1936
Active in Torrance, California
Collection size: 0.4 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Biographical data; two drafts of an interview which was published in LEONARDO magazine; correspondence, including letters from dealers Walter Kelly and John Weber concerning the exhibition and sale of Valentine's sculpture; notes; financial data, with shipping receipts; printed material including two exhibition announcements and a mock layout for an exhibition catalog; miscellany; and a photograph of a sculpture.
Biographical/Historical Note: Sculptor; Venice, Calif.
Donated 1978 by De Wain Valentine.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2800 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with De Wain Valentine, 2013 September 4-5
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Valentine, De Wain