Dallas Museum of Fine Arts
Collection size: 21 microfilm reels.
Collection Summary: Exhibition files and records of the Dallas Museum of Fine Arts. Exhibition files contain correspondence, publicity, announcements, catalogs, price lists, press releases, photographs and miscellany.
REEL 1909: Records, 1950-1972, including correspondence, reports, and memoranda regarding the Exhibition Committee, 1950-1954, and the Art Rental Gallery, 1971-1972; and newspaper clippings relating to the controversy over the Art Rental Program.
REELS 1916, 1921-1925: 201 exhibition files, 1904-1955. [Exhibition files for the year 1950 are on reel 1916.]
REELS 2001-2003 & 2058-2060: 69 exhibition files, 1956-1964.
REELS 2693-2700: 156 exhibition files, 1965-1975.
Biographical/Historical Note: Art museum; Dallas, Tex.
Microfilmed as part of the Archives of American Art's Texas project.
Material on reel 1909 donated 1980 by Mrs. Betty Marcus, President of DMFA, 1970; remainder lent for microfilming 1980-1981 by the Dallas Museum of Fine Arts.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels 1909, 1916, 1921-1925, 2001-2003, 2058-2060 & 2693-2700 available for use through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Dallas Museum of Fine Arts records, 1936-1984
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Dallas Museum of Fine Arts