College Art Association of America,
Collection size: 5.0 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Slides of painting, sculpture, ceramics, and print-making from work exhibited in the 1974 meeting of the College Art Association; of the works of 121 artists who belong to the College Art Association; abstracts of papers delivered at the College Art Association meeting in San Francisco 1972 as well as slides of 240 artist-members; and 150 envelopes containing slides of art work by artists participating in the 1975 convention of the College Art Association.
Biographical/Historical Note: Founded in 1912 as the College Art Association, it changed its name in 1915 to the College Art Association of America.
Donated 1971-1975 by the College Art Association.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- College Art Association of America records, 1929-1934
- Glimpses of some early departments of the history of art in the U.S.A. : panel discussion, 1987 Feb. 13
- The return to subject matter : sound recording, 1960 Jan. 28