College Art Association of America,
Collection size: 3 items (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: A one page, typewritten description of two exhibitions held at the Rockefeller Center (the First Municipal Art Exhibition and the exhibition of the Salons of America), and two letters from Audrey McMahon of the College Art Association. One letter to "Dear Sir" encloses an invitation to a press view of the Association's Traveling Exhibitions and lists the artists included, and the other requests a photograph from Mr. Barr.
Biographical/Historical Note: Founded in 1912 as the College Art Association, it changed its name in 1915 to the College Art Association of America.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2802 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- College Art Association of America slides, 1971-1974
- Glimpses of some early departments of the history of art in the U.S.A. : panel discussion, 1987 Feb. 13
- The return to subject matter : sound recording, 1960 Jan. 28