Cole, Thomas, b. 1801 d. 1848
Active in New York, N.Y.; Catskill, N.Y.
Collection size: 2 v. (0.4 linear ft.)
Collection Summary: William Dunlap's History of the rise and progress of the arts of design in the United States (George P. Scott and Co., N.Y., 1834). Volume II contains Cole's signature inside the front cover and his handwritten reaction to Dunlap's biography of him (p. 350-367), written in light pencil. Accompanying the texts is a photocopy of transcriptions of Cole's notes, compiled by Bard McNulty(?).
Donated 1986 by David McCabe. The volumes were once in the possession of Robert McIntyre of the Macbeth Gallery.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Thomas Cole letters to Daniel Wadsworth, 1826-1832
- Thomas Cole letters, [undated] and 1840-1842
- Thomas Cole papers, 1821-1863
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Cole, Thomas