Cleveland Institute of Art,
Collection size: 33 v. (on 9 microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Scrapbooks containing clippings, exhibition catalogs and announcements, photographs, and letters. REELS 1640-1643: 11 scrapbooks, 1946-1973. REELS 1499-1502: 13 scrapbooks, 1882-1945. REELS 1878-1879: 9 clipping scrapbooks, October 1968 through May 1978.
Biographical/Historical Note: Art school. Founded 1882 as the Western Reserve School of Design for Women. In 1888 the name changed to School of Art of the Western Reserve University, and in 1891 to the Cleveland School of Art. It became the Cleveland Institute of Art in 1948, moving to a new building on East Boulevard in 1956.
Lent for microfilming 1979-1980 by Cleveland Institute of Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels 1640 through 1643, 1878 through 1879, and 1499 through 1502 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- The Archives of American art does not own the original papers. Use is limited to the microfilm copy.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.