est. 1969 - 2004
New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Press release for the opening of Cinque Gallery in New York City in 1969.
Biographical/Historical Note: Non-profit art gallery; New York, N.Y. Originated as a gallery exhibition space for young minority artists. Funded by the Urban Center at Columbia University. Impetus for its creation provided by Romare Bearden, Ernest Chichlow, and Norman Lewis, all well-known black artists.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel N70-48 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Cinque gallery records, 1959-2010, bulk 1976-2004
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Cinque Gallery