Christo, b. 1935
Conceptual artist, Environmental artist
Collection size: 3 items (on partial microfilm reel).
Collection Summary: A letter to Miss Cestina, April 23, 1970, concerning "wrapped floor" project, and two accompanying photographs of a preliminary drawing by Christo of "wrapped floor," and of the realization of "wrapped floor," in the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Biographical/Historical Note: Environmental sculptor, conceptual artist. Full name Christo Java[t]cheff. Born in Bulgaria.
Donated by the Photographic Archives, National Gallery of Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2802 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Christo, 1973 August 28-30
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Christo