Sheeler, Charles, b. 1883 d. 1965
Painter, Photographer, Lithographer
Active in New York, N.Y.; Mt. Vernon, N.Y.; Irvington, N.Y.; Irvington-on-Hudson, N.Y.; Doylestown, Pa.
Collection size: 1 item
Format: Illegible note in pencil on reverse side.
Collection Summary: Brief note from Charles Sheeler to Frank Crowninshield stating that Sheeler read the proof of Crowninshield's piece that was to be published in Vogue.
Biographical/Historical Note: Sheeler was a painter, lithographer, photographer; Irvington-on-Hudson, N.Y.; Crowninshield was an editor at Vogue.
Donated 2004 by David Dufour who acquired the note on eBay.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Charles Sheeler letter collection, 1939-1958
- Charles Sheeler letter to E.P. Richardson, 1958 Sept. 16
- Charles Sheeler papers, circa 1840s-1966, bulk 1923-1965
- Oral history interview with Charles Sheeler, 1958 Dec. 9
- Oral history interview with Charles Sheeler, 1959 June 18
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Sheeler, Charles