Sheeler, Charles, b. 1883 d. 1965
Painter, Photographer, Lithographer
Active in New York, N.Y.; Mt. Vernon, N.Y.; Irvington, N.Y.; Irvington-on-Hudson, N.Y.; Doylestown, Pa.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Sheeler responds to a letter of inquiry from Richardson.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; Irvington, N.Y.
Donated 1958 by E.P. Richardson, founder of AAA and director of Detroit Institute of Arts.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D10 (fr. 1526-1528) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Charles Sheeler letter collection, 1939-1958
- Charles Sheeler letter to Frank Crowninshield, 1939 Sept. 27
- Charles Sheeler papers, circa 1840s-1966, bulk 1923-1965
- Oral history interview with Charles Sheeler, 1958 December 9
- Oral history interview with Charles Sheeler, 1959 June 18
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Sheeler, Charles