New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.8 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Correspondence, writings, printed material and photographs documenting Holty's career as an abstract painter and painting teacher.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, writer; New York, N.Y. Member of American Abstract Artists and Audubon Artists.
Material on reels N68-93 and N68-105 were lent for microfilming and portions subsequently donated 1972 by Carl Holty; material on reel 670 was donated 1972 by Holty; material on reel 1625 was donated 1976 & 1977 by Charles Byrne, a friend of Holty's. Additional unmicrofilmed photographs donated in 2006 by Virginia Liles, Holty's biographer.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Microfilm reel N68-93, N68-105, 439, 670, and 1625 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Carl Holty, 1964 Dec. 8
- Oral history interview with Carl Holty, 1965 June 9
- Oral history interview with Carl Holty, 1968 Sept. 25-Oct. 1
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Holty, Carl