Diller, Burgoyne, b. 1906 d. 1965
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.4 linear feet
Collection Summary: The collection documents the abstract painter's career and includes two letters, a notebook, four annotated sketchbooks, art work, and clippings. The collection primarily consists of art work, including hundreds of drawings that document the development of Burgoyne Diller's unique artistic style.
Biographical/Historical Note: Burgoyne Diller (1906-1965) was a painter in New York, N.Y. Diller was associated with abstract painting, particularly Neoplasticism.
Notebooks, clippings, letter, Christmas card and 77 sketches/studies donated 1983 and 1995 by Kenneth Prescott, who received them from the Diller estate.228 sketches/studies and fragments donated 1992 by the Grace Diller estate via William C. LaCrone, executor. Additional sketches and studies by Diller donated 2010 by Emma-Stina Prescott.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Burgoyne Diller collection of printed material, 1932-1961
- Oral history interview with Burgoyne Diller, 1964 Oct. 2
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Diller, Burgoyne