Baranceanu, Belle Goldschlager, b. 1902 d. 1988
Painter, Illustrator, Designer, Engraver
Active in San Diego, Calif.
Collection size: 7 items.
Collection Summary: Seven linoleum block prints of animals made by Baranceanu for the Works Progress Administration, Fine Art Project, San Diego Curriculum Project begun in 1936.
Relationship of donors, Mr. and Mrs. James Clarke of San Diego, to Baranceanu is unknown. Information on the block prints was taken from an index card stored with the prints.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2786 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Belle Baranceanu papers, 1934-1956
- Oral history interview with Belle Baranceanu and Hilda Preibisius, 1964 August 1