Wood, Beatrice, b. 1893 d. 1998
Educator, Author, Ceramicist
Active in Calif.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Wood, writing from her home in Ojai, Calif., writes to Arnold about her exhibit in Phoenix, which "opened to great enthusiasm." She encloses a catalog (not included), but cautions that it "does not quite show the golden brilliance of 'Service for Twelve'."
Biographical/Historical Note: Wood (1893-1998) was a ceramist; Ojai, Calif. Arnold was an art collector, Los Angeles, Calif.
Donated 1976 by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3482 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Patrons must use microfilm copy. CLOSED TO RESEARCHERS FOR COLLECTION DIGITIZATION
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Beatrice Wood collection from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art registrarial files, [ca. 1916]-1967
- Beatrice Wood papers from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, [ca. 1940]-1990
- Beatrice Wood papers, 1852-1998
- Oral history interview with Beatrice Wood, 1976 August 26
- Oral history interview with Beatrice Wood, 1992 March 2
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Wood, Beatrice