Greene, Balcomb, b. 1904 d. 1990
Active in New York, N.Y.; Pittsburgh, Pa.
Collection size: 1 videocassette (VHS) (30 min) : sd; col.; 1/2 in.
Collection Summary: An interview of Balcomb Greene, Mar. 1, 1982, conducted by William Meek, curator of the Greene retrospective at the Harmon Gallery, Naples, Fla., "Balcomb Greene: 50 Years of Painting." The interview takes place in the gallery during the exhibition. Greene discusses his background, influences on his work, visits to Europe, work on the WPA Federal Art Projects, the group American Abstract Artists, and specific paintings.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter. Died 1990.
Donated 1982 by William Meek.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Balcomb and Gertrude Greene papers, circa 1880s-2009, bulk circa 1905-1990
- Oral history interview with Balcomb Greene, 1972 Mar. 13
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Greene, Balcomb