Flack, Audrey, b. 1931
Painter, Sculptor, Printmaker
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 15.8 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of painter Audrey Flack measure 15.8 linear feet and date from 1950-2009. The collection documents Flack's career as an artist through biographical material, correspondence, extensive project files, writings and notes by Flack and others, exhibition catalogs, news and magazine clippings, other printed material, and scrapbooks. Also found are photographs by Audrey Flack as well as photographs of the artist and works of art.
Biographical/Historical Note: Audrey Flack (1931-) is a painter and sculptor in New York City and in Long Island, New York. Flack studied under Josef Albers and taught at George Washington University, and is currently a visiting professor at the University of Pennsylvania, The Pratt Institute in New York, New York University, and The School of Visual Arts.
The collection was donated by Audrey Flack in April 2009.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original material requires an appointment. Use of archival audiovisual recordings with no duplicate access copy requires advance notice.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Audrey Flack, 2009 Feb. 16
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Flack, Audrey