Karp, Ivan C., b. 1926 d. 2012
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.0 linear feet
Collection Summary: The Artists' letters to Ivan and Marilynn Karp measure 1.0 linear feet and date from 1960-2011, with the bulk of materials dating from 1976-2000. Ivan Karp founded and operated the OK Harris Gallery in the Soho area of New York City. The letters provide insight into the Karps' manner of working and maintaining relationships with OK Harris artists. The collection includes not only artists' letters but also miscellaneous letters from individuals involved in the New York City world of arts and letters.
Biographical/Historical Note: Ivan C. Karp (1926-2012) founded the OK Harris Gallery in the Soho section of New York City in 1969. Marilynn Gelfman Karp (1939- ), Ivan's wife, is a sculptor, photographer, and professor of art in New York, N.Y.
The collection was donated to the Archives of American Art in 2010 by Marilynn Karp.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- The collection is being processed and is CLOSED to researchers.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Ivan C. Karp, 1963 Oct. 18
- Oral history interview with Ivan C. Karp, 1969 Mar. 12
- Oral history interview with Ivan C. Karp, 1986 April 17-1988 October 18
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Karp, Ivan C.