Crane, Arnold H.
Active in Chicago, Ill.
Collection size: 50 items (on partial microfilm reel).
Collection Summary: Fifty silver gelatin print photographs which Arnold Crane took of other photographers. Among the subjects are Berenice Abbott, Bill Brandt, Gyula Halász Brassei, Harry Callahan, Imogen Cunningham, Manuel Alvarez Bravo, Robert Doisneau, Walker Evans, André Kertész, Man Ray, Arthur Rothstein, Aaron Siskind, W. Eugene Smith, Edward Steichen, Paul Strand, Minor White.
Biographical/Historical Note: Photographer, and photograph collector; Chicago, Illinois.
Donated 1978 by Herbert Molner, a photograph collector.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 1427 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Copyright restrictions apply.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Arnold Crane interviews of photographers, [ca. 1968-1971]
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Crane, Arnold H.