Cox, Allyn, b. 1896 d. 1982
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 21 items ( on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: A resume, undated; a cost estimate by Cox for designing and executing mural decorations in the U.S. Capitol, 1970; a letter, 1974, from the Office of the Architect of the Capitol to the Capitol Historical Society enclosing photocopies of printed material pertinent to the unveiling and dedication of the Capitol rotunda frieze in 1954; miscellaneous printed material, 1971-1974; and 15 photographs of the murals in the Capitol.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter and muralist; New York, N.Y. and Washington, D.C.
Donated 1981 by Committee on House Administration, via Cindy Szady.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3975 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Allyn Cox papers, 1856-1982
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Cox, Allyn