Ryder, Albert Pinkham, b. 1847 d. 1917
Painter, Printmaker, Landscape painter
Active in New Bedford, Mass.; N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on 2 frames of microfilm)
Collection Summary: A letter from Ryder to collector Thomas B. Clarke thanking him for his payment for "The Temple of the Mind," and telling Clarke of his excitement about his painting "Jonah and the Whale" which he completed probably in 1885. He writes "I think you will be delighted with it."
Biographical/Historical Note: Landscape painter and poet; New York City.
Purchased from Charles Hamilton Autographs, May 7, 1956.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D10 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Albert Pinkham Ryder collection, 1869-1927
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Ryder, Albert Pinkham