Rattner, Abraham, b. 1893 d. 1978
Painter, Muralist, Printmaker, Illustrator
Active in New York, N.Y.
Gentle, Esther, b. 1900 d. 1992
Active in Paris,France; Sag Harbor,N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on 1 partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: A letter from the Rattners to Helen Kroll Kramer thanking her for the "warm fullness of the evening you gave us at your home at Ein Hod."
Biographical/Historical Note: Kramer is an assemblage artist and sculptor. Abraham Rattner (1895-1978) was a painter in New York, N.Y. His 2nd wife, Esther Gentle, was also a painter.
Donated by Emily Nathan, a former AAA staff member, 1977. She also donated catalogs of the Kramer Collection at Cornell University and of Kramer's exhibition "Wall Textures" that were transferred to the vertical files of the National Musuem of Art/National Portrait Gallery Library.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3470 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Abraham Rattner and Esther Gentle papers, 1891-1986
- Oral history interview with Abraham Rattner, 1968 May-June
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Rattner, Abraham