If you are interested in requesting a new microfilm loan, microfilm renewal, or oral history transcript you must work with your librarian to make the request on the Archives of American Art research request system.
All requests are subject to the following conditions:
- Requests must be submitted by a librarian.
- Materials are for in-library use only.
- Microfilm requests are limited to 8 reels.
- Each distinct collection or interview requires a separate form.
- Microfilm and transcripts are sent via U.S. Postal Service and are due back to the Archives' one month from the shipping date.
- A two week renewal may be granted if the Archives receives your renewal request before the due date.
- There is no charge for this service.
- Copyright laws apply to all requests.
Questions? Contact the Interlibrary Loan Coordinator at (202) 633-7950 or contact us via Ask a Reference Question.