If you are interested in requesting a new microfilm loan or oral history transcript you must work with your librarian, who will make the request on the Archives of American Art research request system.
For ILL librarians:
All requests are subject to the following conditions:
- Requests must be submitted by a librarian, who has registered for an account at https://aeon.aaa.si.edu.
- Materials are for in-library use only.
- Microfilm requests are limited to 8 reels per patron.
- Each distinct collection or interview requires a separate form.
- Microfilm and transcripts are sent via U.S. Postal Service and are due back to the Archives' one month from the shipping date.
- A two week renewal may be granted if the Archives receives your renewal request before the due date. To request renewal, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “ILL renewal.”
- There is no charge for this service.
- Copyright laws apply to all requests.
Questions? Contact the Interlibrary Loan Coordinator at (202) 633-7950 or contact us via Ask a Reference Question.