If you are interested in requesting a new microfilm loan or oral history transcript you must work with your librarian, who will make the request through the Archives of American Art research request system.
For ILL librarians:
All requests are subject to the following conditions:
- Requests must be submitted by a librarian, who has registered for an account at https://aeon.aaa.si.edu.
- Materials are for in-library use only.
- Microfilm requests are limited to eight reels per patron.
- Each distinct collection or interview requires a separate form.
- Access Restricted materials are not eligible for interlibrary loan.
- Microfilm and transcripts are sent via U.S. Postal Service and are due back to the Archives' one month from the shipping date. International requests are due back six weeks from the shipping date.
- A two week renewal may be granted if the Archives receives your renewal request before the due date. To request renewal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "ILL Renewal."
- There is no charge for this service.
- Copyright laws apply to all requests.
Questions? Contact the Interlibrary Loan Coordinator by email at email@example.com or contact us via Ask a Reference Question.